Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's A Boy!!!!

On June 23rd at 3:59am my little sister Sara gave birth to the most amazing little boy.

I was so excited that I was able to be in town for the birth and capture the very first photos of him ever.


I will spare you all the gross details and believe me it was GROSS! And seriously did it have to be sooo bright in there!? But at the same time it was the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced. Truly a miracle!


It was such an emotional evening and I cried alot. Mainly because it was 4am because Icouldn't stand to see my sister so scared and in pain but also because of the magnitude of situation and knowing that there was new life arriving. Perhaps also because of the part where i thought the baby's head fell off but that's a whole other story.


The doctor was hysterical in that he was fascinated by the fact that I was not using a flash in the delivery room. At one point while he was delivering the baby he turned to me and we had the following dialougue.


Dr: Silly question... but I have a Nikon D40 and the lighting here is just too dark. What are your camera settings on?
Me: Uh... ISO 1600 1/60s @ F 1.4 50 mm lens
Dr: hmmm What do you do for a living?
Me: Believe it or not I'm a photographer. What do you do?
Dr: I'm a freelance photographer
Me: oh really! I deliver babies on the side but you seem to be doing ok
Sara: Screaming in pain
Dr: Back to work



Ok ok enough chit chat and more baby photos. Introducing David Neal Buettell.







Big Boy! 8lbs 7oz.










First family portrait. Many many many more to come!


I'M AN AUNT!!!! While I was holding Davey my dad was whispering to him "Don't worry.. soon enough you'll have sunflare behind your head" So funny!!





Fast forward 1 week later when I got to see Davey again after my trip to Michigan. Sara went to take a nap and foolishly left me and my mom in charge.


And this is why I'm no longer allowed to babysit :)

I love you!!!!!

3 Comments:

Nicole Ladonne Blair said...

These are so beautiful! He's going to be the most photographed nephew ever!

Also, your account of his birth made me laugh out loud. You'll have to explain more about the part where you thought his head fell off...

Hickok Photography said...

Gorgeous little guy!! I am seriously terrified with the conversation with the dr. DOES EVERYONE DO PHOTOGRAPHY ??? I am hoping he does photography on the side instead of baby delivering on the side. I laughed so hard at that story because I get that at weddings from guests, but never a dr. in the process of delivery!!!

Frances said...

great photo account of the "birth day"... I want to order one... two... maybe even three... Sara, Me, and maybe GG...xoxoxo