Thursday, May 08, 2008

New York Day Trip!!

I love a road trip!!! Last Saturday my mom, sister, aunt, grandmother and I all took a bus trip to New York City for the day just to spend some time together and to see a little of the city. Even though I don't live too far from NY I have only been to the city once.. and even that was only for a one day field trip in High School. (It was a visit to the Fashion Institute of NY with a clothing class.. and I wasn't even in the class!)

Ok.. on to the pictures.
My beautiful momma, sister Sara and I. My aunt Laura and Grandma 'GG'
Me and Sara again
We took a tour around the city and pretty much all of these photos were taken from the top level of the moving bus so I apologize if they are not wonderful.

Hustle & bustle.
Ground zero.
The sculpture in the below photos is a representation of the world and it originally stood at the base of the World Trade Center. You can see the damage at the top of the sculpture from falling debris. Local artists then moved the sculpture to a nearby park to serve as a reminder and memorial for those we lost on 9/11.

I couldn't see the rest of this guys shirt but from the part that I could see it looked Radtastic!!
This is one of the many red lights that our tour bus breezed right through.
Times Square

And lastly, Rupert Jee's Hello Deli which is often shown on Letterman.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

now, THERE'S a trip i'm sorry i missed.........
but dancing in lafayette and eatin crawfish, i just couldn't pass up!
great shots of the city, stevie.

Danielle said...

Bummed I missed it- but I love that pic of you with your mama Francesca and your sis! So sweet!

Was your Aunt Cat in Lafayette Louisiana?! That's where I (sort of) grew up. For a little while. My first eight years.