Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! I spent part of my day making re-cycled items: mostly from felted sweaters. I cut the sleeves off of sweaters and made them into coozies and wine bottle covers. The wine covers are great for gifting bottles of wine. I have since sewn on some buttons and other decorative goodness but these photos were from half way through the project.


I thought I would beautify our yard by picking up some new flowers. I'll post some more photos of that once I get them planted. I wanted to plant a dogwood tree in our front yard but we kind of have a weird soft ground/sink hole situation going on. I think we should be more concerned about that than we are.

And to top off the day I made a fabulous dinner. I've been attempting to cut meat out of my diet so I'm trying out new vegetarian meals. Tonights was a Grilled Veggi Sandwich and it was delicious!!
Red peppers, red onion, squash and zucchini brushed with olive oil on the grill.
Once those were done I tossed on some asiago cheese bread from the bakery with the spread I mixed up (mayo, minced garlic and lemon juice) and mozarella cheese.
And voila!! A super easy veggi dinner. Of course, I was way too wrapped up in the grilling and totally forgot to make the side dishes that I had. Good thing the sandwich was filling. I definetely recommend making one yourself.

Let me know if you know any good veggi dishes for me to try.

3 Comments:

Danielle said...

Great pics of the veggie sandwich!! Looks delish!

Erin J. Photography Blog said...

Just tagged you in my blog! Go take a look.
And I'd like to apologize in advance! :-)

Armin de Fiesta said...

Wow those sweater-based coozies was quite resourceful! Oh hi! I found you through my friend Erin J :)