Sunday, February 03, 2008

Craftastic!!

Recently i've been trying to spend a little bit more time creating art just for fun. It's almost therapeutic for me to turn on some music and dive into stacks of paper and ribbon and just let my mind free to wander and create. I'm especially into "recycled art" which is where I can take a discarded item and turn it into a piece of art.
My first experiment with recycled art is these cute glass bracelets that I made with my friend Brekke. They started out as an old bottle which we cut into rectangle pieces to showcase our mini collages. The bottles work perfectly because they are already curved for your wrist. We soldered the edges and added metal rings to tie the ribbon and viola ~ our pretty recycled bracelets.
I'll be posting more crafty things soon.

0 Comments: