Thursday, March 06, 2008

Craftastic!!

While I'm waiting out the last few weeks of my winter hibernation I have decided to try out a few new art projects.
First up is my favorite, soldered glass pendants. They are 1"x1" photos sandwiched in between 2 pieces of glass and soldered together. Then they are wrapped in wire to create the pendant. I will also have custom pendants available with your photos in them.
This is the front and back of the pendant.

Next up I took a bamboo tile placemat apart and painted them and collaged them and made them into a few necklaces.





Keeping in my current theme of recycled art I made some wallets out of newspaper and old magazines. I have been using mine as a business card holder.


Another recycled art medium I like is old sweaters. If you wash a sweater in hot water and put it in the dryer it shrinks up and then you can cut it apart and create with it without it unraveling. You can make so many things out of old sweaters but to start out with I took a bunch of sweaters and cut them up into squares and then made a funky scarf.




I took small pieces of sweaters and made little wallets too.

Then I decided to get a little ambitious. It still has some finishing touches to make before it can be posted but what do you think I'm attempting to make out of this pile of sweaters??

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the recycled sweater scarf! I want to make one right now!

Lauren said...

How much would a personalized glass pendant be?

L