Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Windy City!!!

I'm in Chicago now for a photography workshop with Audrey Woulard. Since my workshop isn't until Monday my mom flew in from Maryland to meet me for a weekend of touristy fun! Since I live so far away from my mama it's so great that she could take the trip for some quality mother/daughter time.

Here is mama and I delirious because we are operating on no sleep and just walked forever in the heat carrying lots of my crap (Remind me why I didn't think to bring a suitcase with wheels!!) This is the view from our hotel room at the Congress Plaza Hotel.
First up in our tourist extravaganza was a double decker bus tour. I thought we were going to get beat up by 2 women when we raced up the stairs and took the last available seats on the top level. I forgot how feisty my mama can be. It must be the red hair ;)
Above is our very funny tour guide who apparently hasn't gotten over the fact that he is not a famous singer. The best part was when we went around a sharp turn and he literally fell over in some poor woman's lap.
The above building use to be the home of Oprah. Apparently she had the top 3 floors but sold it all when they wouldn't let her put in a staircase to combine all the floors into 1 enormous penthouse. Poor Oprah!


Below is the Chicago water tower. This water tower and the water pumping station were the ONLY structures that survived the total devastation of the Great Fire of Chicago in 1871.

Below is the Sears tower.
My favorite thing in Chicago is the CloudGate which looks like a giant silver Jelly Bean.


Below is the view from under the Bean. It was like being in a kalaidascope.
Look at mama's freakishly long left arm!

Every night they do fireworks off Lake Michigan. We enjoyed the show from our hotel room window.




1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

great pix of you and your mom!